To ensure that their water supplies are reliable and affordable, water providers require productive, efficient wellfields. Our professionals have experience working with a range of drilling and testing techniques in both basin-fill and hard-rock environments. Since maximizing the efficiency of an existing wellfield is often the most effective way to boost output and reduce O&M costs, we focus on optimizing production rates, avoiding degraded water quality zones, and improving system efficiency to reduce O&M costs, extend the lifetime of existing infrastructure, and improve output.
- Developing design and construction specifications for wells
- Evaluating the condition of existing wellfields and the potential for enhancing production
- Conducting aquifers tests to determine hydraulic properties and characterize water quality
- Testing well performance to determine rehabilitation or replacement requirements
- Conducting fluid movement logging and depth sampling to evaluate the potential for mitigating water quality issues through well design and/or modification
- Evaluating drawdown and interference effects to optimize well spacing and pumping schemes
- Designing production wells and wellfields using approaches that maximize yield but minimize drawdown interference