Abby Ostovar joined M&A in 2019, bringing diverse experience in water, climate, and environmental policy. Her work at M&A focuses on groundwater sustainability in the Salinas Valley and California’s Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA). Prior to M&A, she managed environmental cooperation programs for the U.S. Department of State, working with U.S. federal agencies and program partners. In this role, she oversaw $75 million in program funding and led bilateral environmental cooperation with Oman. She brings to her projects not only her water policy and program management skills but also her experience in negotiation and stakeholder engagement. Abby has numerous peer-reviewed publications to her credit and has presented at conferences in California and Washington, D.C. She also teaches water and environmental policy courses at California State University – Monterey Bay and American University in Washington, D.C.
Qualifications at a glance
- Experience since 2005
- Ph.D., Water Policy/ International Relations, American University (2018)
- M.A., Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University (2009)
- M.A., Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tufts University (2009)
- B.S., Environmental Science, American University (2006)
- Contact Abby Ostovar / Monterey Office