Montgomery & Associates is seeking an Administrative and Marketing Assistant for a dynamic, flexible new role supporting our team of California scientists. This multiskilled individual will perform a diverse set of support tasks to assist our 4 northern California offices with smooth and efficient operations and will also be involved in supporting marketing tasks to strengthen our California business development.
Our company of highly respected water resources professionals, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, has been in business since 1984 and is growing, with recent expansions in the western U.S. and South America. In California, our team comprises 17 professional staff located in 4 offices: Oakland, Sacramento, Monterey, and San Luis Obispo. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team of water resource scientists and engineers throughout northern California.
- Manage the day-to-day general administrative duties for the northern California team
- Schedule meetings and assist in conference planning and registration process; support meeting attendees by ordering lunches and ensuring the meeting environment is pleasant; assemble meeting agendas; participate in meetings and prepare, record, and distribute meeting minutes or other records for meetings
- Coordinate and schedule travel, lodging, appointments, and rental vehicles for all staff
- Assist project managers with coordinating and organizing client meetings and follow-up communications
- Assist Operations Managers with internal team coordination, staff workload tracking and inter-office communication needs
- Compile and submit expense reports for the project management team
- Organize social functions twice a year
- Support project teams with short writing assignments or presentation development for marketing purposes, in collaboration with the Tucson marketing and editing team
- Perform market research on water projects under the direction of the California Water Strategy Lead and organize information succinctly
- Complete general office duties related to supplies, record tracking, mail, and office and/or field equipment
- Travel between offices (especially Oakland and Sacramento) to assist the teams in person, as needed
- Special projects and other duties as requested, and as time permits
- Ability to work independently with little to no oversight
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, in particular) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work in a deadline-driven environment
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- 3-5 years’ experience working in administrative role or equivalent education (i.e., degree in communication or marketing)
- Ability to travel between offices in northern California and attend meetings and trainings in Tucson, as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
This position will be based in our Sacramento office; scheduled work will be primarily in office during normal business hours with some after-hour and remote work possible. This role has an opportunity for growth within the team, to support with tasks with increasing responsibility.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications will be accepted through February 28, 2023.