Montgomery & Associates (M&A) is seeking a full-time, entry-level programmer to join our Tucson office. This position is part of a development team with direct supervision by our senior programmer. Responsibilities include writing computer code, troubleshooting design issues, debugging applications, and other administrative programming activities in support of the dynamic needs in our offices in the U.S. and South America. Programming applications at M&A include a financial and resources database used by all employees in the company, as well as a custom, online database management system (DMS) with web maps and a data applications portal accessible to clients, project teams, and the public. This position requires interaction with scientists and managers in all service areas of the company. We are looking for a self-motivated professional who demonstrates strong time management, organization, and communication skills.
- Collaborate with Senior Programmer to design, build, and test functional applications to meet business needs
- Translate requests from scientists or managers into logical programming sequence and ultimately into code
- Research solutions to coding and performance issues
- Attend development meetings and perform other administrative tasks related to programming needs of the company
- Use strong communication and time management skills to complete tasks before deadline
- Perform test runs during coding stages and modify any existing or potential issues
- Document applications for reference documents
- 2 years of experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative problem solver with ability to solve problems under pressure and brainstorm with colleagues
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work in a deadline-driven environment
- Four-year degree in computer programming, web development, or related field
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted until February 28, 2023.