Why Work at M&A?
In a market noted for job volatility, we take pride in the fact that many employees have been with us for more than 10 years. Our newer staff benefit from the sense of loyalty and community that pervades the firm as well as the commitment of our experienced professionals, who serve as mentors. In addition to an excellent benefits package, we support staff through continuing education to promote professional growth. A key source of employee satisfaction at M&A is our emphasis on creating high-value work products. We recognize that everything that goes out the door represents us; employees take pride in the reputation that we have earned through consistent attention to quality. Founded in 1984, M&A has roots in the Hydrology program at the University of Arizona, where many of our staff members were educated. We continue to collaborate with UA faculty.
Communications and Report Production Assistant
Montgomery & Associates is seeking a Communications and Report Production Assistant to aid in the preparation of high-quality technical reports, proposals, and marketing materials working with an enthusiastic team of scientists, data specialists, illustrators, and administrative staff across multiple offices. Our company of highly respected water resources professionals and hydrologists has been in business since 1984 and is growing, with recent expansions in the western U.S. and South America. Located at our corporate headquarters in Tucson, this new position is an exciting opportunity to support our thriving business.
- Assist with report and proposal preparation including document formatting, copy editing, production
- Support use of company formats and branding by employees in all offices
- Collaborate with employees to update and maintain our corporate statement of qualifications library including service descriptions, project summaries, and staff resumes
- Support design team with creation and production of marketing collateral
- Help to coordinate schedules and travel for marketing initiatives, including professional organizations and conferences
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work in a deadline-driven environment
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong copy editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- 3-5 years’ experience in administrative, communications, marketing, or equivalent education
- Proficiency in Spanish would be beneficial.
This is a full-time position to be performed during normal business hours with some after hours and weekend work possible. We provide a flexible and supportive work environment and offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Vacation, personal, and sick leave
- Employer matching 401k retirement plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
Applications accepted until December 11, 2019. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Hydrogeologist/Groundwater Modeler, Tucson and California offices
M&A is seeking full-time hydrogeologists with groundwater modeling experience to join our Tucson and California offices. The position requires education and professional training in quantitative hydrogeology. Preferable candidates will have a graduate degree in hydrology, geology, or related field, professional experience developing models, and be self-motivated with strong time management, organization, and communication skills.
Work duties may include:
- Compiling, processing and analyzing hydrogeologic data using spreadsheets, databases, GIS, and graphing software
- Developing hydrogeologic conceptual models and water budgets
- Developing numerical groundwater flow and transport models
- Preparing data summaries, presentations, and technical reports/memos
- Participating in client meetings/teleconferences to present program results and recommendations
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in hydrology, geology, or engineering; course work in hydrogeologic data analysis, groundwater modeling, and computer programming preferred
- 5 years of professional experience developing and applying groundwater models and an undergraduate degree OR 3 years of professional experience developing and applying groundwater models and a graduate degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, GIS software, and computer programming (e.g. Python, FORTRAN, Octave, etc.)
- Experience with MODFLOW (including NWT, USG, OWHM, etc.), California’s Integrated Water Flow Model (IWFM) and Groundwater Vistas; familiarity with FEFLOW a plus
- Understanding of water resource management and the California Sustainable Groundwater Management Act is beneficial
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to work in teams and at times with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills and commitment to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship (required)
Your benefits at Montgomery & Associates will include:
- Competitive benefits and salary in a growing team-oriented company
- Dynamic work environment with safety and technical training provided by the company
- Challenging and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On-the-job mentoring by senior professionals
- Western U.S. projects and travel opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Tim Leo by December 15, 2019.
Intermediate Level Groundwater Modeler
M&A is seeking a hydrogeologist with 3-8 years of experience building groundwater models in our Lima, Peru office. Preferred qualifications include experience with FEFLOW as well as knowledge of analytical models. Hydrogeologic and geologic modeling experience with Modflow, Leapfrog, Minesight, Datamine, are also of interest. Preferred candidates will also have experience with hydrogeologic analysis in Excel, AQTESOLV, Surfer, and Arc GIS software. Field experience in hydrology/geology considered a plus. Writing and communication skills are essential with both English and Spanish fluency a strong advantage.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Joseph Baker.
Staff and Senior Level Hydrogeologists – California
Montgomery & Associates is seeking to fill several positions to support our growing business in northern and central California. Positions include staff level and senior level hydrogeologists and engineering hydrologists. Preferred qualifications include 1 to 15 years of relevant experience, and a graduate degree in hydrology, geology, or environmental engineering or professional registration (P.G. or P.E.)
Working with a team of senior hydrogeologists, professionals will support projects that focus on groundwater resources management, principally in California. Tasks may include: interpreting geologic and groundwater/surface water datasets; conducting numerical groundwater modeling; drafting reports and groundwater sustainability plans for compliance with Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA); participating in client and stakeholder meetings; conducting field work including geological characterization and oversight of well installation and testing; and assisting with designing monitor and production wells among other technical and scientific tasks.
Successful candidates for all positions will have excellent communication and organization skills and demonstrate proficiency with standard analytical approaches and tools. Candidates will demonstrate a clear understanding of how to apply hydrogeologic principles to characterize aquifers and assess groundwater sustainability. Candidates for senior positions will have established connections in the California water resources market, demonstrated success in developing new business, and project management experience.
Montgomery & Associates is a mid-sized, employee-owned company with a 30-plus year history of providing quality hydrogeologic and water resources consulting to industrial and municipal client sectors in the western U.S. and South America. This is an exciting time to come work with us! We recently joined forces with HydroMetrics Water Resources Inc. to better serve clients in California and implement SGMA. In addition to our California offices in Sacramento, Oakland, and San Luis Obispo County, we have offices in Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada, as well as international locations in Perú and Chile.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Derrik Williams.