The East Valley Water District (EVWD) serves about 90,000 customers in San Bernardino County. As part of a 10-year, $4M performance contract, the EVWD is receiving assistance from Honeywell to improve its water distribution systems and reduce utility costs. This goal will be achieved through a combined energy conservation / automated demand-response program; because Honeywell is financing the program from annual energy-savings performance, the EVWD will not be required to provide upfront capital for system upgrades. One important approach for reducing energy costs is optimizing wellfield operations.
- Developed well schematics and tracked historical well modifications based on an analysis of records from state and client databases and video logs
- Used EVWD’s hydraulic model to determine pressure-zone requirements
- Evaluated reports compiled from Southern California Edison for wire-to-water pump tests
- Prepared hydrographs showing historical water levels, precipitation, and average annual recharge via flows diverted from the Santa Ana River by the Santa Barbara Valley Water Conservation District
- Evaluated inorganic water quality data
- Recommended new pumps according to energy-efficiency parameters and developed standard procedures for well maintenance and performance monitoring