Position: Mid-level hydrogeologist with substantial modeling experience
Location: Tucson, Arizona, or Denver, Colorado
M&A supports an atmosphere of scientific excellence and dedication to quality work, while respecting its employees’ need to engage in their personal, family, and community lives. In a market noted for job volatility, we take pride in the fact that many employees have been with us for more than 10 years. Our newer staff benefit from the sense of loyalty and community that pervades the firm. We believe this quality also extends to our clients, many of whom have been with us since our early years. A key source of employee satisfaction at M&A is our emphasis on creating high-value work products. We recognize that everything that goes out the door represents us; employees take pride in the reputation that we have earned through consistent attention to quality. In addition to an excellent benefits package, we support staff in pursuing continuing education to promote professional growth and benefit our clients. Founded in 1984, M&A has roots in the Hydrology program at the University of Arizona, where most of our staff members were educated. We continue to collaborate with UA faculty.
M&A is a water-resource consulting firm with offices in Tucson, Phoenix, Denver, Santiago, and Lima. We employ more than 90 professionals and support staff specializing in hydrology, geology, soil science, policy and regulatory affairs, resource economics, GIS analysis, database management, and instrumentation and monitoring. We have developed a loyal base of clients that includes many of the largest U.S. and international mining companies, municipalities, private water companies, government agencies, industrial entities, and tribal groups.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for analytical and numerical modeling to support mining hydrogeology projects for various U.S. and international clients. Project activities will include:
- Hydrogeologic characterization of groundwater systems
- Exploration, development, and management of groundwater supplies
- Dewatering / depressurization programs
- Assessment of groundwater-related environmental impacts to support feasibility studies and regulatory permitting, and post-closure evaluations
- 3 years or more experience in groundwater modeling for mining hydrogeology and water resource investigations
- Demonstrated groundwater modeling expertise in codes including MODFLOW and/or FEFLOW
- Experience with three-dimensional visualization software and GIS to support model development
- Degree(s) in geology, hydrology, and/or a related discipline (M.S. preferred)
- Strong academic knowledge in physical hydrogeology
- Strong skills in verbal communication, technical writing, and technical illustration
- Willingness / ability to travel occasionally to M&A offices and job sites in the U.S. and South America
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of professionals
E-mail a resume (in MS Word or PDF format) to email@example.com.