Why Work at M&A?
In a market noted for job volatility, we take pride in the fact that many employees have been with us for more than 10 years. Our newer staff benefit from the sense of loyalty and community that pervades the firm as well as the commitment of our experience professionals, who serve as mentors. In addition to an excellent benefits package, we support staff through continuing education to promote professional growth. A key source of employee satisfaction at M&A is our emphasis on creating high-value work products. We recognize that everything that goes out the door represents us; employees take pride in the reputation that we have earned through consistent attention to quality. Founded in 1984, M&A has roots in the Hydrology program at the University of Arizona, where many of our staff members were educated. We continue to collaborate with UA faculty.
Technical and Marketing Communications Specialist
Montgomery & Associates is seeking an experienced Technical and Marketing Communications Specialist to coordinate the preparation of technical reports and proposals, and to lead the process to develop marketing materials and other company communications. Located at our corporate headquarters in Tucson, this position involves working with teams of scientists and other professionals to efficiently produce high quality work products. Strong organizational skills, a drive to meet deadlines, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Our company is growing and this newly created position is a great opportunity to help us leverage our success and employee talents to solidify and further expand our business. There may be opportunities to assist with our business development strategies across multiple market sectors and geographic regions.
- Coordinate timely production of high quality technical reports and proposals working with teams of scientists, illustrators, and administrative staff across multiple offices
- Oversee development of and assist with use of company formats and branding in all offices
- Perform technical editing to ensure document quality, readability, and consistency
- Create and maintain statements of qualification (SOQ) materials, including resumes and project summaries
- Monitor bid notifications and news services; communicate opportunities to staff and track status and deadlines
- Track proposal success rate, document lessons learned, and process feedback
- Oversee website updates and new content development with assistance from IT department; maintain company’s social media presence
- Track and guide company participation in professional organizations and conferences
- Create and/or coordinate with in-house illustrators and graphic design contractors on creation of marketing collateral
- Proven work experience in communications and/or marketing
- Degree in communications, English, technical writing, marketing, or related discipline
- Experience in technical editing and copywriting
- Strong project coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel to branch offices as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Other desirable traits include: work experience with a science or engineering consulting firm, Spanish language proficiency, and experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
Montgomery & Associates is a highly respected international consulting firm specializing in groundwater hydrology and water resource planning. Our clients are in the mining, municipal, tribal, industrial, and environmental sectors across the western US. Founded in Tucson in 1984, we are a mid-sized, employee-owned company with long-standing offices in Phoenix; Denver; Santiago, Chile; and Lima, Peru, and have recently expanded to Salt Lake City and California.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Vacation and personal days
- Employer matching 401k retirement plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible and supportive work environment
Applications accepted until October 5, 2018. Email cover letter, resume, and professional writing and/or marketing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Level Groundwater Modeler
M&A is seeking a hydrogeologist with 2-5 years of experience building groundwater models in our Lima, Peru office. Preferred qualifications include experience with FEFLOW as well as knowledge of analytical models. Hydrogeologic and geologic modeling experience with Modflow, Leapfrog, Minesight, Datamnin, are also of interest. Preferred candidates will also have experience with hydrogeologic analysis in Excel, AQTESOLV, Surfer, and Arc GIS software. Field experience in hydrology/geology considered a plus. Writing and communication skills are essential with both English and Spanish fluency a strong advantage.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Joseph Baker. Applications should be submitted by September 10, 2018 and will be reviewed until the job is filled.
Staff and Senior Level Hydrogeologists – California
Montgomery & Associates is seeking to fill several positions to support our growing business in northern and central California. Positions include staff level and senior level hydrogeologists and engineering hydrologists. Preferred qualifications include 1 to 15 years of relevant experience, and a graduate degree in hydrology, geology, or environmental engineering or professional registration (P.G. or P.E.)
Working with a team of senior hydrogeologists, professionals will support projects that focus on groundwater resources management, principally in California. Tasks may include: interpreting geologic and groundwater/surface water datasets; conducting numerical groundwater modeling; drafting reports and groundwater sustainability plans for compliance with Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA); participating in client and stakeholder meetings; conducting field work including geological characterization and oversight of well installation and testing; and assisting with designing monitor and production wells among other technical and scientific tasks.
Successful candidates for all positions will have excellent communication and organization skills and demonstrate proficiency with standard analytical approaches and tools. Candidates will demonstrate a clear understanding of how to apply hydrogeologic principles to characterize aquifers and assess groundwater sustainability. Candidates for senior positions will have established connections in the California water resources market, demonstrated success in developing new business, and project management experience.
Montgomery & Associates is a mid-sized, employee-owned company with a 30-plus year history of providing quality hydrogeologic and water resources consulting to industrial and municipal client sectors in the western U.S. and South America. This is an exciting time to come work with us! We recently joined forces with HydroMetrics Water Resources Inc. to better serve clients in California and implement SGMA. In addition to our California offices in Sacramento, Oakland, and San Luis Obispo County, we have offices in Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and California, as well as international locations in Perú and Chile.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Derrik Williams. Applications will be reviewed when they are received, but should be submitted no later than October 31, 2018.
Montgomery & Associates, Inc. (M&A) is seeking a full-time entry to intermediate-level Hydrogeology Field Technician to join our Tucson office. The Field Technician will focus on technical assistance for field investigations and will assist with data processing, and preparation of technical reports. The candidate will interact with M&A project hydrogeologists / hydrologists, administrative personnel, and clients. Preferable candidates will be self-motivated and demonstrate strong time management and communication skills. Duties will vary daily between office work and field work, with an expected work breakdown of 60% field and 40% office work.
Assist project hydrogeologists / hydrologists with a variety of field tasks at mining and industrial sites. Some sites may be in remote locations. Duties may include:
- Following and respecting health and safety regulations, including applicable government, M&A, and client specific policies and procedures
- Collecting and documenting water and soil samples, measuring water quality parameters, conducting pumping tests on wells
- Measuring water levels, and downloading dataloggers
- Observing and documenting drilling conditions, preparing drill cuttings samples, preparing descriptions of drill cuttings samples
- Maintaining field equipment and field vehicles
- Maintaining excellent field notes
M&A will provide necessary training for field activities.
Processing, analyzing, and presenting field data. Duties will include:
- Assisting project hydrogeologists / hydrologists and groundwater modelers with organizing and evaluating data
- Preparing lithologic logs with descriptions of lithologic units
- Preparing water and soil sample documentation and submitting samples to laboratories under complete chain-of-custody protocols
- Using spreadsheets (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and graphing software to create data files and plots to analyze field data
- 0-3 years experience working as a Field Technician or related experience
- College degree in physical or environmental sciences strongly preferred, but flexible for the right candidate with equivalent and relevant experience
- Coursework in geology, hydrology and understanding of groundwater principles
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn and ability to work in teams and at times with minimal supervision
- Able to lift 50 pounds and perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, and walking/hiking on uneven terrain.
- Work or recreational experience operating in remote outdoor locations with difficult climates
- Able and willing to travel to out-of-town field locations with occasional night and/or long shifts (up to 12 hours per day)
- Able to be out-of-town for several weeks, with appropriate time-off and rest periods during field shifts
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills; and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general computer usage
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Possess reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to pass background check and drug test if requested
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Your benefits at Montgomery & Associates will include:
- Competitive benefits and salary in an expanding team-oriented company
- Dynamic work environment with safety and technical training provided by the company
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Western U.S. projects and travel opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time with variable schedule
Resumes and letter of intent accepted at: MAhiring@elmontgomery.com
Senior Water Resources Professional
We are looking for an experienced professional to help us grow our Phoenix office.
M&A is seeking a senior-level professional with both technical and business development skills to facilitate the growth of our Phoenix office. The desired candidate has proven marketing capabilities as well as a strong base of experience in both the technical and management aspects of water resource project acquisition and implementation. Preferred qualifications include an M.S. in hydrology, geology, or engineering; at least 10 years of relevant experience; and established connections in the Arizona water resources market. A demonstrated ability to successfully balance project, business development, and staff mentorship/management responsibilities is important to this position.
M&A is an Arizona-based, international consulting firm with a 30-year history of providing quality hydrogeologic and water resources services. We are a mid-sized, employee-owned company with offices in Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and California, as well as in Perú and Chile. We work collaboratively across our U.S. and international offices, and the planned growth in our Phoenix office will be supported by the integrated resources of multiple offices.
Interested candidates should send a letter of intent and resume to Leslie Katz
Entry-Level Hydrogeologist / Geologist
M&A is seeking a qualified, highly motivated, entry-level hydrogeologist / geologist to join our growing Salt Lake City office. Principal duties will be to support field projects, which will entail borehole logging; monitoring well construction, development, and equipping/instrumentation; surface / groundwater sampling; and aquifer testing. The willingness to travel and work variable hours, including night shifts, is required.
Office work will include field data compilation and analyses, field equipment management, production of borehole logs and well construction diagrams, geologic analysis, preparation of maps and cross-sections, and report writing.
Please email your resume to Chris Cottingham to learn more about the position.